Thursday, October 8, 2009

One of my earliest fondest memories


One of my earliest and fondest memories is from when I was five years old. Getting to go to the school library to check out a book for the first time. It was Beatrix Potter's, "Tale of Two Bad Mice". Maybe it was the little size of the book that first drew me to it or perhaps it was the title? Whatever the case, I LOVED this story! Totally enchanted I loved the tale and I also loved the charmingly beautiful illustrations. Over the years Beatrix Potter would serve to be one of my largest inspirations. For many years I fantasized about growing up to be a children's book illustrator and maybe author. Growing up on a farm there were always field mice to catch and observe much to my parents disgust and protest. I still think they are cute but I certainly don't want them running amok in my house! Only in pom pom form! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I loved those books! I also remember reading the Thornton W. Burgess books.

    By the way, my mouse arrived today. It's just wonderful!

    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell you draw inspiration from Beatrix for your creations.
    I think she would be so proud!

    Btw you many not be a children's book illustrator in the real sense of the word but you bring a child's fantasy creatures to life with your beauties which is just as better!

    ReplyDelete