Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Vintage Aquarium Mermaid Ornaments

I'm continuing with the sharing of some of the other things I collect.  Here are some pictures of the vintage mermaid aquarium ornaments I collect.  The ones I love the most were the ones made from the 1920's through the 1940's.  The quality differs from the extremely delicate German made ones to the mass produced ones made in Japan.  I've been collecting these for around ten years but rarely find them in antique shops.  Most of these were found on ebay.  My favorites would be the one that sits on the snail and the one that sits on the seahorse.:)  I also have some antique fish bowls and aquariums that I display a few in.


I also collect the little castles and other aquarium pieces.  When my kids were little, I would drag them to antique shops with me.  Sometimes they would be bored and to make it fun I would reward whoever found an aquarium piece with a dollar.  I laugh because they had such sharp little eyes and they would be able to spot them when I couldn't.  They would be so happy to find one.  Maybe perhaps because they could view the booths from a different angle.:)  So I have strong memories attached with many of these as I can remember who found it and how proud they were.

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a cool thing to collect! Thanks for showing us.

    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I LOVE your vintage mermaid collection! I posted a link to your blog on my Pinterest page where others will see this post. I love seeing them all together as a collection. I've been searching for one like those laying on their side, very faded and used! Do you you know of any good websites selling them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of selling fish tank vintage about 50 pieces

    ReplyDelete